ELOPAK SYSTEMS TRAINING CASE STUDY
Elopak has been using complex and technical training manuals alongside face-to-face sessions. Thankfully before the pandemic they approached Fenturi for an engaging and efficient digital learning course. Needing a scalable solution to develop skills and knowledge which would be accessible around the globe for both Elopak staff and their partners, we quickly got to work.
THE SYSTEMS TRAINING CHALLENGE
The module had to break down the technical aspects of the systems to both engineers and third-party vendors. The team set out to find the right balance of delivering technical instruction but in such a format that it was accessible to a relatively broad audience. We needed to move fast, as our course would increase productivity, reduce potentially costly mistakes and save money. Alongside this, we also worked to Elopak’s sustainability framework. Meaning the course had to encourage people to use the minimum resources, something we achieved only by truly understanding the systems and processes.
- 5 common screen types making sure all learning objectives were reached; learn, prepare, implement, evaluate, knowledge check
- Interactions to engage the learners
- Clear and colourful photography of key concepts, including clear illustrations of the products with proper branding
- 3D models to allow the learner to understand and interact with the technical aspects of the products
- Knowledge checks throughout and 10 questions at the end of the course
All look & feel closely followed Elopak’s visual brand and iconography and the whole module suited the formal and technical approach. As the training included technically rich content, we also balanced this with sections that had minimal learning content to acting as a visual pause for the learner.
On finishing the course the learners were able to:
- Describe and undertake the methods required to test and evaluate Elopak roll-fed packages
- Identify possible defects in Elopak roll-fed packages
- Understand why testing and evaluation is important
The course is available from any digital device. Meaning learners can access it and refresh their memories whenever they need. The benefit of ‘just-in-time’ learning is that learners can improve knowledge retention and it also encourages greater user adoption.
With our systems training learning objectives of learn, prepare, implement, evaluate and knowledge check. We are laying the foundations of continuous learning, helping to stop faults and defect packages saving both Elopak and their clients time and money.
The systems training course was also future-proofed, meaning that we built into the design the capacity to update with new information, and to easily translate into additional languages for the global roll out.